February 7, 2010

Thank you, Harris Teeter.

I always forget about the free balloons that Harris Teeter has for kids.  I used to notice them but thought that Chase was too young to 'get' it and therefore didn't get a balloon for him.  I think I was wrong about that.   Last week while we were waiting to check out, Chase was getting pretty fussy and I was having a hard time entertaining him.  I noticed a balloon that was tied to the display right next to where I was standing, so I pulled it down where he could see it.  He immediately lit up and started grinning really big.  Thank you, Harris Teeter for that lovely metallic balloon near the check-out counter.  I'd also like to thank you for the free orange balloon that Chase and I got to take home that afternoon.  Who knew how much fun balloons could be?

We even had some fun with the balloon after we got home.  I tied it to Chase's high chair so it wouldn't fly up to the ceiling.  He looks a little bit like a birthday boy sitting there enjoying his peas, doesn't he?  Hard to believe that next month he'll actually BE the birthday boy!

1 comment:

  1. Funny! We just had an orange balloon from Harris Teeter tied on Ada's highchair yesterday. We get one EVERY trip, and they're a huge hit! :)

    ReplyDelete