August 8, 2010

Hair

It's funny to think back to when I was pregnant.  Just like every parent, Matt I talked at length about what we thought Chase would look like.  We fully expected him to inherit Matt's bright blue eyes.  We laughed about what combination of each of our physical traits Chase would have.  One thing that almost always came up not only in my conversations with Matt, but with most people was would Chase have my red hair.  I'm the only one in my family with red hair so we wondered if I would pass it along to him.  We go back and forth but I think Chase's hair at this point is strawberry blond.  So, the color is one thing that is surprising.  The other thing is simply that he even has hair.  My sisters and I all were completely bald until we were at least 2 years old as was my nephew, Justice. 

Not only does Chase have hair but it has been growing at a rapid pace.  He had a little bit of a mullet going on for a while so Matt and I trimmed it up in the back some.  I really am not ready for him to have a real haircut yet.  I just don't want him to have that miniature man look yet.  (Plus I'll admit it.  I kind of like the frat hair.  So.  Since I can't convince Matt to let his hair grow any then at least I can let Chase sport the frat look.)

 
But.  His hair is getting a little bit out of control.  It's getting long.  I still think it's precious but I do have to admit that we're not far from getting that first 'real' haircut.
We may try to see how long we can make it with the quick at-home trims here and there.  We'll just have to see.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment