December 16, 2010

Boys' toys

Growing up around nothing but girls, I was always surrounded by dolls, bows, books and all things pink.  I was (am) the girliest girl I know.  So when I found out I was pregnant with a boy I thought, "huh.  ok."  I mean, of course I was happy but I had no idea about what to do with a boy.  Well, 21 months into this and I've decided that I really like this whole boy thing.  In fact, I'd be pretty happy if our next child is a boy, too.

Wait.  Have I got everything here??
Chase is obsessed with cell phones, keys, romotes, and anything with a cord.  You can see him gathering up a few of his favorite items to take with him on his ride around our house.  :)

I'm also learning a few things about how boys' toys change with age.  We currently have a Nerf gun (complete with small suction cups on the end of each 'bullet') and a self-inflatable whoopie cushion that Matt bought for "Chase".  I think the real reason that some men get excited about having a son is that it gives them an excuse to buy cool toys. 

Oh well.  At least I'm not ever bored around here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment