January 26, 2011

Happy birthday to me


My 32nd (gasp!) birthday was last Friday and I got a couple of really cool gifts.  The one at the top of the list is a card that Matt wrote me.  I told him not to get me a gift so we were just planning on going to dinner.  He surprised me with a really sweet and heartfelt card.  It made me cry (mission accomplished, right Matt?) and made me feel very special.  The other gift may seem kind of odd  since this is something you normally get before (or shortly after) bringing a newborn baby home from the hospital.  Being the practical and frugal person I am I didn't think we needed a fancy video monitor when Chase was born.  I wanted to save money and get the regular ol' monitor with just the sound.  Well, pretty much almost every day for the last 22 months I've had a MAJOR case of monitor-envy.  I started realizing that it's not too late for us to use this with Chase.  Luckily he's still very happy in his crib.  And, luckily he's not trying to climb out of it.  But at some point we'll move him to a toddler bed and it will be nice to use the video monitor to see what he's up to when he's free to roam around his room during bed and nap time.  So, thank you Don and Betty Ann, for one of the coolest birthday presents ever!  (Matt thanks you, too!)  :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday! Like you, I'm 32 (will be 33 in May), but I thought you were still in your 20s...BRAVO, girl!!

    ReplyDelete