March 20, 2011

Chase's 2nd birthday party

Well the party's over and I must admit, I think it was a success.  I was a little nervous after what happened last year (Chase was sick with a stomach bug and threw up an hour before the party started).   Chase had a blast today.  Whenever we would talk about today, he would smile really big and exclaim, "Birthday!!"  :)  In planning what we would do to celebrate, I really wanted to keep it small and I really wanted Chase to have fun.  I think we accomplished both.  Here's Chase (or Justice, I should say) blowing out the candles on his (dairy-free) cupcake.  I was so proud of those freaking cupcakes and was so excited to see Chase dig into it.  Which he did not do.  My son is just not a big eater.  But anyway, check it out:
I LOVE how he's looking around at all of us singing to him, just taking it all in.  Makes it so worth it to me.
Family photo with a crazy expression from me.  Not sure what that was about.

Had to get a picture of the sign that Betty Ann made from last year.  I'm so glad that we were able to use it again this year because I know it took her a long time to make...

The cupcake got quickly pushed to the side and the chik-fi-A nuggets resumed their place in from of him.

 
We were excited that Leslie and Samantha came to play.

Lauren bought a Thomas the Train (the theme of the party) pinata and it was a huge hit.  I'll post a video about that later.  The kids' faces lit up when all the candy came pouring down.  See how excited Chase was?
Still excited about the pinata:

 Here's Chase's friend Wes, and cousin Justice "helping" Chase with his presents...
 And Samantha checking out the cool guitar that she gave him:
 The fun continued as the party moved outside.  Check out the cool tractor that Bebe and Pops gave him:
 It was kind of hard for him to pedal so Wes was happy to help out and let Chase ride while he drove.  Chase grabbed his Thomas the Train bottle filled with apple juice, his bubble gun and jumped on.  :)

Alright, Chase.  Drink your juice and let's go, okay?

 Samantha and Chase went for a ride in the wagon:
What a great day.  We got lucky for the 2nd year in a row with the weather so it was nice to be able for the kids to play both inside and out. 

Happy Birthday, Chase!!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is 2! He is absolutely adorable. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun looking party! I can't believe he's already two... Happy Birthday to Chase!

    ReplyDelete