March 27, 2011

Parenthood

There are many things that make me realize I'm a parent.  But there are those moments where it occasionally really hits me.  And sometimes makes me laugh.  Here's one of those moments that happened a couple of hours ago.  We were in the kitchen, finishing up with dinner and Chase was being his usual active self.  To be specific, he was standing on our kitchen chairs (Yes.  I know).  He had one foot on one chair and one on the other, with his legs spread as the chairs slowly began to slide apart.  Not exactly the safest position to be in.  I was washing dishes so I let Matt handle it.  The part that makes me laugh is what happened next.  Matt was standing at the counter trying to tape Chase's 'art project' from Sunday school back together and, without blinking an eye, yelled over his shoulder, "CHASE.  Get DOWN.  I'm not going to the emergency room tonight".  This makes me laugh because I distinctly remember my mom saying this to my sisters and/or me while we were growing up.  I just thought it was because she was a nurse and didn't want to go back to work.  I guess not.  Now I get it. 

Welcome to parenthood, huh?


This isn't what Chase was doing at the time, but when he jumped down (after Matt spoke to him), he grabbed one of his smaller chairs and slid it over to the counter so he could stand on that (sigh).  THIS is why we're so tired each night.  That little boy sure does keep us busy.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment