August 25, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Ok, folks.  Here you go.  The Big Boy Bed.  Well, not really.  It's just the 'toddler bed' that his crib turns into.  He was ok with the change from the mattress in the floor to this exciting 'new' bed, so that was a relief.


As you can see, we didn't put a rail up yet because we need to buy one.  It was only the 2nd or 3rd night in this picture so Matt and I thought we'd just see how he did (and maybe we wouldn't need the bed rail after all).


Around 9:30 I heard a pretty loud noise but I thought it was maybe Matt doing laundry downstairs.  Then I looked at the video monitor and saw that Chase was no longer in his bed.  This is what I found when I went in his room:


He'd fallen off the bed, stayed asleep and curled up into this position (with all 5 blankets still in tow).  He didn't even wake up when Matt picked him up to put him back in his big boy bed.

Needless to say, we'll be purchasing a bed rail this weekend.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment