August 18, 2011

Palate dilemma

So I recently mentioned that Chase has been having a blast sleeping on a palate at his Bebe and Pop's house each week.  He even convinced Matt to make a palate for us to sleep on at our house a couple of weeks ago, which was fun (Remember 'Family Fun night'?).  However.  That palate lasted for just one night.  It was fun to camp out in the living room and all but it took him almost 2 hours to fall asleep. And he's such a great sleeper (in his crib) that I wasn't exactly unhappy to resume our regular bedtime routine the very next night. 

Well, take a look at this:

 

Yes, that is Chase's crib.  And, yes, that is his mattress.  And yes, it is in the floor.  And, yes, maybe I've lost my mind...

I took the mattress off the bed when I was changing the sheets last week and he got so excited that he demanded it stay on the floor ("My Palate!!  My Palate!!!").  So I thought, 'ok.  fine.'  The next day I tried casually putting the mattress back in it's place, hoping that he wouldn't notice (yeah, right.).  Big surprise: It didn't work.


Surprisingly enough, he doesn't exactly look uncomfortable.  He took a nap that next afternoon and he managed to roll into the corner.  Beside the trashcan.  Ugh.


I was hoping that this would just be for one night but now I'm not so sure.  I went in to check on him last night before Matt and I went to bed and he was completely off the mattress, pillow, and had rolled to the center of the room.


Kristina, I think we will take you up on your offer to let us borrow a toddler bed after all.  

Stay tuned, folks.  We may have a blog post entitled "Big Boy Bed" coming soon.  
Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Chase is such a cutie! So...Sammy's "toddler bed" is a mattress and box spring right on the floor (no frame) and he LOVES it. We added a toddler rail so he doesn't roll off and it works. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete