September 14, 2011

conversation with a 2-year-old

I absolutely love the cute, 2-year-old way that Chase talks right now.  I love the way he exclaims, "I have GUN!" when he's happy and having fun.  Lately he's been saying really sweet things that make me melt...But then there's the naive meaning behind some things that are just plain "gunny".  :)



Here's an example of a conversation I had with him last week when we were on the way to the airport to pick up Matt from a work trip:

Mama, you're pretty.
Aww.  Thank you, buddy. (I swear, I have the. sweetest. child. on. earth.)
He then thought for a second, looked out the window, sighed, then looked back at me.
Dada is pretty.
I laughed a little- while trying to keep a straight face- and said: Yes, he is.  Dada is pretty, too.
 And I'm pretty, too.

Ok.  Yes he's sweet but I'm not so sure he thinks I'm 'pretty' in the way that I thought he meant.

At any rate, it was 'gunny'.


No comments:

Post a Comment