February 24, 2012

Cooking


This past Wednesday, Betty Ann and Chase had a great time making cookies. Such a great time, in fact, that when she brought him to me after work, he kept talking about how he wanted to make some at our house. I was not feeling ambitious enough to attempt to make them from scratch so we used a mix.


After the batter was mixed up and put on cookie sheets to bake in the oven, Chase was still wanting to cook. So, I dug through our pantry and cabinets to find stuff he could play with. I found some flour that was WAY out of date (I love to cook but am not a baker), some flavored coffee that we don't like, and some random spices that are very old and not likely to be used. And then Chase got to it.


I don't think I realized just how messy things would get...But he had a blast in the process. And that's what counts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment