June 6, 2012

Mama and Chase weekend

Matt went to Pinehurst this past weekend to play golf with his college friends so Chase and I spent the weekend with lots of fun activities. 

So anyway.  We started with a trip to Marbles Museum in Raleigh on Saturday morning where we met Kelly and her twin boys, Hayes and Parker.


It was nice to be able to use our membership (thanks, Kate!).


I swear, that place is so cool.  Chase has a blast every time we go.


He especially loves playing in the water and surprisingly enough didn't leave looking like he'd gone swimming.


We also discovered this motor that of course Chase immediately began working on.  I still think he might grow up to be some sort of engineer.  Or maybe this is just how all boys are?


After the trip to Marbles, we went home to take a nap and then headed to The Little Gym for a birthday party.


This is where Chase had his birthday party a couple of months ago so he was very familiar with the layout of the gym.  He immediately took off running, jumping and playing.  In fact, many of the individual pictures I took ended up being blurry because he didn't sit still very much.  He ran so much that he worked up quite an appetite.  I don't think I've ever seen him shove chicken nuggets in his mouth quite like he did that afternoon.


Whenever Matt is out of town I always make so many plans that by the end of the weekend I'm exhausted but this really was a great weekend for me and my little boy.  I love that he's at the age where he can communicate so well.  We were cuddling on the couch Sunday morning and he leaned his head into my shoulder and said, "Mama?  I'm so glad we can hang out together."  Ah.  Just makes my heart just melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment