February 20, 2010

11 months!!

Chase is 11 months old today!  I can't believe that in exactly one month we will have a one-year-old.  Here's some funny things he's been up to...

Last night after taking a bath, Matt was having some fun with Chase in his room.  He called me in there so I could see that Chase had not only climbed up into his rocking chair, but was standing in it.  Not the safest thing for him to be doing but it was pretty funny.  I think that the look on Chase's face here is also pretty funny...  :)  It's like he knows he's not supposed to be doing that.
"What??"
Then, this morning, I was doing a load of laundry.  Immediately after seeing me open the laundry room door, Chase abruptly left his toys and- with rapid speed- crawled over to me so that he could "help".  What would I do without him? 
There he is with his tongue out in concentration (like his dad).  ("Whew!  This is a lot of work, Mama!")
"Wait.  I've got this one."
It truly amazes me how much time Chase spends playing with things that aren't toys in our house.  He has a ton of toys in different places downstairs for him to play with.  But no.  He'd much rather play with the drawers in the kitchen, the drawers in the coffee table, or- as you can see here- the diaper changing caddy.  I pulled open the little drawer because I had the diaper cream "hidden" in there, since he's been particularly interested in that lately.  I also keep several other things in that little drawer: all the things spread out on the floor in this picture, to be exact.  Matt and I got a kick out of watching him because he started trying out all the different pacifiers.
"Hmmm...This one kind of tastes good, but let me keep this other one in my hand just in case I need that one."

"Mmmm, yeah.  I like this one.  But look at this cool butt cream!"

No comments:

Post a Comment