March 22, 2010

Chase's birthday weekend

Well, let me start by saying if you came to our house on Saturday and you are now sick, I am truly sorry.  So you know I said earlier that Chase had a stomach bug last week?  Well, it started last Tuesday and continued into Friday.  So we said as long as Chase didn't throw up Friday night or Saturday morning, then the party was still on.  So, he didn't get sick at all Friday (other than that morning) or Saturday.  Until Matt hung him upside down to show my dad how much he likes that game.  Great idea, Matt.  Turn the kid who's been throwing up all week upside down.  (To give Matt credit, Chase really does think it's hilarious... Normally.)  As soon as Matt turned him over, Chase started throwing up.  This was 1 hour before the party was scheduled to start.  But what can ya do?  We had no choice but to hope for the best and keep pumping fluids in our little birthday boy.  And, surprisingly enough, he did great.  (As a side note, now that I'm re-reading this, it sounds crazy that we decided to still have the party.  I really do promise that other than the hanging- upside- down incident, Chase really had been feeling a lot better).
(Jenn, I hope you don't mind, but after Noah's party I thought this idea was so great that I 'stole' it from you.)  We had this book for people to sign so that we can read it to Chase as he gets older and he can "remember" who came to celebrate his first birthday party.

 This is the precious monkey cake that my talented mother-in-law made.  It turned out better than I imagined.  Thank you, Betty Ann!
 Here are the cute little favors that Betty Ann made to hand out.
To give you a closer look, they are little banana candies with notes on them that say "Thanks for coming to my party".  Then on the back (that picture didn't turn out very well) it says "Love, Chase 3-20-2010".  Such a personal touch.  Thank you, again, Betty Ann!!!
 
My dad came into town for the weekend from Tennessee and was a huge help while I was getting the house (and myself) ready during the day.  Here's a picture of one of fun activities Chase played with Grandaddy while I was busy and Matt was out buying last minute items.
 Here's our sweet birthday boy with cousin Olivia.
Look at all those teeth!!  (Have I mentioned lately that he also has a MOLAR coming in now??)

Chase had fun playing with Jake (my sister, Abby's son) before everyone got here.  They are only 3 months apart in age.

 I love this picture.  It looks like he's just sitting back watching Jake here.
 Don is holding Chase and Samantha (Leslie's daughter).  Sammy is looking at Chase like, "What's wrong, Chase?  You act like you just threw up an hour ago."
 He really was a trooper.  If you'd sat a chocolate dairy-free cake in front of ME when I was feeling bad (which was later Sat. night) I would've thrown up all over it.  Not Chase.  He took a delicate little nibble - only when the spoon was given to him- and then was done.
 Here's when the fun finally started.  Chase, Jake and Justice all went for a ride in Chase's new wagon.
 But the best of all was when Chase got to ride in his new car.  He absolutely loves this new "ride".  It plays music, has real blinking turn signals and everything.
 See?  He's just sitting back and enjoying his ride.
 Well, Chase.  You're first birthday is over and despite all three of us getting sick, we made it!  We love you more than we ever imagined possible!!  Love, Mama and Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Chase! Your birthday weekend looks like so much fun! Besides being sick, you had the perfect day! Glad your mom and dad are feeling better too. Can't wait to see you again soon and maybe play with my musical fish aquarium again!

    ~your buddy, Noah Koehler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every thing turned out awesome... well done!! Love the birthday book idea too... I wish we would've done something like that! Maybe next year :) Hope every one's getting back to normal over there!

    ReplyDelete