April 29, 2010

Mama?

Chase is at the point where he is communicating with pointing, grunting and lots of "Uh" 's. He says "Ma-ma" and "Da-da" (not necessarily always directed towards Matt and me at the appropriate time. For example, sometimes I'm pretty sure he calls Matt 'Mama') and makes lots of other 'ba-ba' 'ya-ya' kinds of sounds. All these sounds just seem like part of the learning process but aren't directed towards anything yet. Actually, I take that back... He does say, "heeeeyyyyy" in a really cute, high-pitched voice when he sees our (insane) cat, Haven. So that definitely counts. He has said 'hey' a few times. So, anyway. This past weekend I was upstairs and heard Chase downstairs at the base of the stairs. It was really funny because even though all he was saying was "uh" over and over again, it was clear that he was calling out to me. There was so much behind the simple sounds he was making. Just watch this video and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment