May 11, 2010

Let's go swimming

Our neighborhood pool opened a couple of weekends ago and I was so excited to take Chase out.  Last year he was too young to even wear sunscreen so I couldn't wait to see what he did in the pool.  We brought his float and everything but it didn't go as well as I'd planned...First of all the water was pretty cold...And second of all, he screamed everytime I tried to put him in his float.  He didn't seem to mind so much when I just held him (like in this picture below) but that got old pretty quick. 

The sunscreen in the picture below helped to entertain him for a little while.  (As a side note, see that scrape and bruise on the left side of his forehead?  He got that from tripping and smashing his head on the cement sidewalk the night before.  That was pretty painful not only for Chase but also for Matt and me).

After about 20 minutes Chase was ready to leave.  Oh well.  We'll keep trying.  He really does seem to like the water.  I think he'll love swimming once the water warms up and he gets used to it.  I have a feeling we'll be spending quite a bit of time at the pool this summer.  At least I'm hoping so.  :)

1 comment:

  1. we took ansley to the beach...H2O was too cold. you are right, probably the case, but great photos!

    ReplyDelete