June 24, 2010

My perfect child

I know everyone thinks their child is perfect.  Yes, I know that Chase isn't always perfect.  But tonight he came pretty darn close to that...Matt had to work late and then went out with his coworkers for drinks afterwards.  So it was just Chase and me.  We went to Sam's after Betty Ann brought him to me after work.  When we got home I was trying to unpack the stuff I bought, put it away, and fix dinner.  Typically this is not an impossible task but it just takes a little time because Chase needs my attention.  Not so much today.  Today, he very independently played by himself for about 30 minutes while I was watching from the kitchen.  He would very contently go from one toy to the next.  At one point he came in the kitchen, grabbed his sippy cup and skipped off into the living room.  After about 5 seconds of silence (this silence of course will set off any mom's radar), I looked over into the living room to see him rocking quietly in his UNC rocking chair.  Such a good boy.  Then we had dinner and headed upstairs for bathtime.  Even a very disgusting pooping incident in the bathtub (don't even ask) didn't mess up our night.  After the bath it was still kind of early so we went back downstairs to play for a little bit longer before bed.  After a little while, Chase walked up to me, lifted his hands for me to pick him up, then laid his head on my shoulder.  (Melt a mama's little heart, why don't you?)  His head stayed on my shoulder the entire way upstairs then he went to bed without making a sound.  I'm telling you, this silly little boy:
is the sweetest, most perfect little thing EVER.
(Please note that this posting is also documentation to remind myself of these moments so that when he's a holy terror- and I'm not naive enough to think that he's not going to hit that stage at some point- that he can be/is a sweetheart.)

1 comment:

  1. Just a continuation of a wonderful day of playing and having fun at Bebe's house. He played so well with his toys today and carried on a "conversation" the entire time! Love that child!

    ReplyDelete