July 15, 2010

Bye- Bye!

Chase has been able to wave for quite some time now.  But lately (as in maybe the last week) he's started waving like crazy, like he's trying to communicate and not just imitate.  He'll walk up to you, grin really big, wave and then jump in his toy car and slam the door.  Almost every morning this week when I drop him off at both Betty Ann's and Leslie's, in the middle of me talking, he'll look up, grin, and wave in a "I got this Mama.  You can leave now" kind of way.  Very funny.  And a much more pleasant way for me to leave than with him crying and reaching for me.  Anyway.  Another funny thing he likes to do is carry various bags around the house.  So, this afternoon, he grabbed this bag, his play keys and was 'ready to go'.  See him waving:
It was also ironic that this week has been the week that he's become so "independent" because I'm leaving in the morning for a girls' weekend in Portland, Maine with my college friends.  Of course a part of me is sad to leave Chase (and Matt) but a bigger part is pretty freakin' excited about a weekend of good food, good friends and overall relaxation.  I'll post some pictures when I get back Sunday.  Yay!!

1 comment: