July 22, 2010

You're my someone.

Today marks a very special day.  To remember this special day, I thought we'd take a walk down memory lane.  So, let's start with what happened 10 years ago.  10 years ago, Matt and I saw each other accross the bar (how romantic) at Pantana Bob's, the ever-so-popular bar in Chapel Hill, and kind of recognized each other.  (His cousin, Lindsay was a friend of mine from high school but Matt and I had never met).  That summer night, we completely hit it off.  But I had a boyfriend.  So we didn't meet up again until several months later, on St. Patrick's Day when Matt came up to Chapel Hill to go out with some of his college buddies.  That night was about 3 weeks before this first picture was taken.  I think both of us knew almost immediately that this could be something that might last longer than the average college fling.  Things moved pretty quickly and I met his family about 2 and a half weeks after we started hanging out.
Kind of ironic that things moved so quickly in the beginning of our relationship but yet it took us 6 years to get married, right?  :) At any rate, over those 6 years we were almost always long distance (me in Chapel Hill and Matt in Winston-Salem, then Charleston, then Raleigh, then Greenville) which kept things fun.  Everytime we saw each other it was like a vacation.
This picture was taken last October, at Champ's wedding.  I love this picture because we were having a blast, dancing at the reception.  Several things have changed just a little bit since St. Patrick's Day 2000.  Our life isn't quite like a vacation every day anymore but being a wife and a mom is pretty rewarding and I feel pretty lucky.

Today we celebrate 4 year wedding anniversary.  Matt, I want to wish you Happy Anniversary.  You are my someone and I love you with all my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I can't stop laughing at the first photo-I remember that shirt :) I hope this day is as special as it was 4 years ago!

    ReplyDelete