September 6, 2010

Adventures in sleeping

This past week was a pretty big week.  Chase started taking only one nap each day.  He's been kind of phasing into this for a while.  Most days he just couldn't stay up past 9 or 10am.  Then of course in the afternoon he would not be able to make it without another short nap.  Well, last Sunday I decided to just see how long I could keep him up (assuming that this would be a gradual thing, where we would just keep slowly pushing back the time until we got him to the ideal 12:30 or 1pm naptime).  He made it til 12 and slept til almost 2:30!.  So then when I took him to Leslie's the next day and told her to try to continue with this whole mid-day nap thing.  And it worked again.  Forget the gradual thing.  Chase was all in.  He wasn't playing around.  He was like that with weaning from breastfeeding, too.  Just decided one day that he was done.  Nothing gradual about that.  Same thing with his bottle.  He was fine being just done with that one day as well.

Another exciting (yes I know. my life isn't really that crazy these days) update is that Chase will now sit still long enough for me to read him a book or 2 before bed.  He's started following along, pointing at the pictures, snuggled up in my lap.  I love it.
Here are a couple of pictures when he woke up one morning and started reaching for the books beside his bed.  When I handed one over to him, he sighed, sat down and started casually thumbing through it.  Lots of progress.  :)

1 comment: