August 8, 2011

Family fun night

Last week Leslie was on vacation so Chase spent the week with Bebe and Pops.  One of the fun things that they did was make a palate with blankets in their living room for Chase (and Pops) to sleep on.  Apparently they had a blast so on Friday, Chase asked Matt if he could have make a palate at our house.  This isn't exactly something I wanted to get started since Chase is such a great sleeper...in his bed.  I was convinced that there would be no way that Chase would fall asleep anywhere but his bed.  However, Matt's enthusiasm about bringing out the air mattress and "camping out" in our living room was quickly contagious so I became sold on the idea.  Chase was really excited to help Matt get things set up which was also really cute to watch.


Being the mini-engineer that he is, Chase took an immediate interest in how the pump worked in blowing up the air mattress.  After it was blown up, he then started screaming, giggling and sqealing with excitement.  He stood on the couch and started nose-diving off the couch onto the air mattress.  Again, I thought, 'he's never gonna fall asleep'.  However, it was pretty safe to say that he was happy so I was all for it.


We got all the blankets, sheets and pillows set up.  Then we got 'Finding Nemo' set up on the big screen. 

Chase snuggled in under the covers while Matt and I got everything going. This was a pretty sweet sight to see:

We turned out the lights, and each snuggled in, under the covers on either side of this sweet little boy.


It was 8pm on a Friday night and there wasn't a single place on earth I would have rather been.  Seriously.  I was in the dark, on an air mattress on the floor with my 2 favorite boys with an animated movie playing and I was in absolute heaven.  The perfect family night if you ask me.  :)

2 comments:

  1. omg. his sweet face melts me. i love this idea! soooo copying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number 1: I love that Chase was so excited to "camp" like that! Being a woodsy kid when I was his age, I can totally understand his glee. Number 2: Kudos on Finging Nemo, that movie is super funny and educational- it's one of my favorites and it came out when I was maybe 15 or so! Number 3: When Chase is a little older, I know tons of places in the area that provide excellent family camping at a good price. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete