October 18, 2011

Camping

A couple of weekends ago, Matt, Chase and I had our first camping adventure.  We've been talking about going for a while so when we saw the gorgeous weather forcast, we decided it would be the perfect opportunity to head to Jordan Lake.


Matt spent many weekends camping with his high school friends so he was excited to have to opportunity to channel his inner 'survivor man' and I was looking forward to seeing him in action.  I was also looking forward to seeing how much Chase enjoyed setting up the tent, building a campfire and making s'mores.




As soon as we got to our camp site and started unloading all the stuff, Chase started running around, squealing excitedly with a big smile on his face.  I think it was safe to say he was having a good time.





Don't get me wrong, in no way did we 'rough' it.  We brought an air mattress, we strategically placed ourselves about 100 yards from the bathrooms and (I'm a little embarrassed to admit) we even brought the portable DVD player. 


I knew bedtime might be a little challenging since sleeping on an air mattress, in a tent, in the woods is a little out of Chase's normal routine.  So we brought it just in case.

We probably could have survived without Nemo but you just never know.


I think it's safe to say it was a successful first camping trip for us.  Definitely want to go again at some point.

we'll just have to see.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment