January 7, 2012

Christmas (continued)


I will try to make this the last post about Christmas 2011. I was very excited to get a new (and much-needed) camera so I had some pictures on one camera and some on the other. Then we also got a new laptop (thank you, Don and Betty Ann!) so I've been trying to wait and download all the pictures from Christmas on one computer rather than 3 different ones.

At any rate, it really was an awesome Christmas for us and about time that I wrap it up by posting the rest of the pictures. I'm also having problems with the blogger website so rather than bore you with my chronological order of Christmas family events, I'll just leave you with some sweet pictures for us to help us remember Christmas 2011.


In typical Chase fashion, he was very sweet in using his manners and thanking everyone for each of his gifts. (God, I love that child.)


This was definitely the year of trucks. and tractors. and cars. and trains. Being one of 3 girls in my family, I grew up with mostly dolls and all things girly, so all this boy stuff is new for me. I imagine this won't be the last Christmas involving trucks, tractors, cars and trains. (Surprisingly, I love it. Didn't think I'd love being the mama of a little boy, but I truly do. I love it so much in fact, that I'd really love to have another boy one day rather than a girl. but that's for another blog posting.)


This tub o' popcorn was almost as big as Chase but he loved it and continued to eat it on the ride home (with it in his lap. in his car seat.) until he fell asleep with his hand in the popcorn.



He loved his new train set from Aunt Lauren. And his comfy new 'banas' from the Comptons.



We're so lucky to have such amazing families with so many family gatherings. I think about those people who don't have any family to celebrate the holidays with and it put things into perspective for me. Chase doesn't even realize how many people love him but I hope that he is learning.




I can't finish this Christmas summary without talking about a particularly special Christmas gift that I got this year that made me feel so special and so loved. To give a little background information, Matt's aunts, uncles and cousins draw names each year. Since there are about 20 of us, it makes it very manageable to only buy one reasonably-priced gift for one person. Each year, everyone is really thoughtful about asking for what their person really wants. Hannah had my name this year and worked with her mom and dad (Sarah and Lanny) on her gift to me. Sarah has known for a while that I've been really wanting a china cabinet/hutch for our dining room. She has been looking on craigslist for a long time to help me find something that was my style and also in our price range. Apparently, the week before Christmas, they found this china cabinet and together sanded it, painted it and this was the beautiful final product:



Not only is this an amazing gift but it is EXACTLY what I would have picked out myself. It means the world to me that they spent their time and energy working on this as a family. It also means so much to me that so many people in the family were involved with the process (Sarah sent pictures to Betty Ann to make sure she 'approved', then Don drove his truck to Creedmoor to pick it up, brought it to Henderson for me to see, stored it in Gordon's garage to hide while we all opened presents, then brought it to our house on Christmas day.) I am so blessed to have such an amazing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment