January 30, 2012

Sick Sunday


There are many things that pull at a Mama's heart. One of those things is a sick child. I woke up around 3:30am Sunday to Chase calling out for me from his room and crying. As a parent, you just know the when there's something different about that cry. I heard that different cry, knew something was wrong, and immediately jumped out of bed. When I got to his room he said in a sad, pitiful way, "I'm sick", which I knew meant he was probably about to throw up. SO I ran with him in my arms to the bathroom and that is exactly what he did.


That poor little voice saying "I'm sowwy" when he threw up on me just made me want to cry. We snuggled and cuddled all day (with a trashcan close by, of course).


I can't imagine how parents feel when they have a child who is truly sick or terminally ill. I'm so very thankful for my otherwise healthy little Chase who is apparently feeling much better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment