July 23, 2012

Swimming

Chase has had swim lessons the last 2 weeks through his school and has been doing really well.  He's always love playing in water but was very cautious.  Basically if it was a pool where he couldn't touch the bottom (i.e. not a kiddie pool), he would cling to you and refuse to try and move on his own.  Well, not anymore.


He is seriously a different child than he was in the water a month ago at the beach.


I'm so happy to see how much more confident he is now in the pool which means he's so much more willing to practice swimming.  You can see that 'confidence' in this video taken at my friend, Shannon's pool last weekend:


He is so much more playful now and even let us push him around in/on floats at my mom's pool this weekend.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad he's swimming now! Looks like tons of fun! By the way, i let my work know today that i won't be coming back! VERY tough decision to make (financially that is). I think it'll be for the best though. Next weekend Allyson and Matt are coming to NC to make the watermelon rind pickles at Betty Ann's so Emily and I are going to come. We're going to Betty Ann's on Friday from what i hear for the first process then again on Saturday. If ya'll are around i'd love to see you, so come hang out.

    ReplyDelete