August 21, 2012

Can I bam on it?

Yesterday afternoon after Chase and I got home (me- work, Chase- Bebe's), he inspected the less-cluttered dining room and more cluttered garage (we're having a yard sale in a couple of weeks).  Chase spent a few days with Bebe and Pop's and Matt and I cleaned the garage, priced yard sale items and moved them all into the now-cluttered, full-of-yardsale-junk garage.  When I drove into the garage, I immediately got nervous about all the things Chase would demand to take out of the yardsale piles and bring back into our house.  He did as I expected but I laid down the law.  I only let him bring in one old toy that he insisted he needed (even though he hasn't touched it in 2 years).

When we went inside, he spotted these 2 shining buckets that were sitting in the dining room- I like them but have no idea where I want them stored/used (anyone have any suggestions?).  He decided they should be used for drums.


He asked for some spoons so he could 'bam on them'.


This 'music' he was making was probably the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life.  I think my ears might still be ringing from it, actually.


But he had a blast and especially enjoyed my exaggerated squeals from the loud noise.


I expected baby boy #2 to be kicking and thrashing from the loud noise.  Maybe all that cheese dip and Mexican food I ate for lunch kept him well insulated.  :)

At any rate, it was an (loud) afternoon that I want to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment