August 8, 2012

My boys

We had our 18- week ultrasound yesterday and got the exciting news that IT'S A BOY!  We're having another boy!  I'm excited about the sweet simplicity of little boys but of course a little sad that there are no ribbons, bows or pretty little monogrammed dresses in our immediate future.  But, you know what makes me especially excited?  Another one of these:


I'm excited about the fun energy that little boys bring into your life.


And the sweet little things they say.  Like the way he told me he liked my scarf yesterday (otherwise known as my skirt).  He felt it, looked at me and said, "Mommy, I like your scarf.  It's preeetty".


I'm excited about more sporting events and father-son bonding moments like this:


And I'm pretty excited about the mother-son bonding moments like this:

At the UNC hospital waiting room, waiting for our ultrasound.

Besides.  Don't they say that little boys sure do love their mamas?  :)

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Mandy! How fun to be looking forward to a new little one, especially a sweet, snuggly baby boy! So excited for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post! I'm so excited for ya'll...and anytime you need a little girl fix just come see Emily b/c she's all girl! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete