January 29, 2013

PhD at home

I still can't believe that Preston was born at 12:42am on Wednesday 1/9/13 and we went home around 1pm on Thursday 1/10.  They gave me the option of staying until Friday.  I thought about it and initially wanted to stay longer but decided I wanted to get home so we could get things back to normal for us and most importantly, for Chase.


Chase (and we) are so lucky to have such great grandparents who have given him so much love and attention while we were in the hospital and since coming home.  As you can see from his huge smile, he seems pretty well adjusted.  Hopefully that will continue.

 
He has been the absolute sweetest big brother.  All he wants to do is kiss Preston and rub his face against the baby's.  He's so gentle and sweet.


Thank God for family and especially for grandparents.  While Matt's parents were showering Chase with love and attention, my mom was showering me (and Preston) with love and attention.  I do not know what I would have done without her support during labor and during those first few days home from the hospital.  There is nothing like a mother to take care of you.  Even when you're a mother.  In fact, that's when you need it the most.  I'm so very thankful for both my mom and Matt's.

 
Here's a picture of us leaving for Preston's first doctor's appointment.  I have one of us with Chase in the exact same place in our living room from 4 years ago.  (note to self: find that picture and compare).


The first of many of big brother showering little brother with love and kisses.



 This little guy is the sweetest ever.  It's amazing how much he's already changing.


We're still completely in love with him.
 
 
And we still can't get enough of him.
 


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, Love Mandy. Can't wait to see Preston again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manet this is the sweetest thing! Love the picture of your mom. She looks great and so happy! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's such a cutie! Congratulations, Mandy and Matt! You're right that those photos are the first of MANY of your sweet boys growing up together. (: Enjoy enjoy!

    ReplyDelete